SENIOR CLINICAL SCIENTISTMAASTRO Clinic
|Soort vacature||:||Overige functies|
|Dienstverband||:||Intentie tot vast dienstverband|
|Uren in de week||:||36|
The internationally acclaimed radiotherapy institute MAASTRO CLINIC in Maastricht delivers cancer care in the Limburg region of the Netherlands, aiming to cure patients while preventing side effects of the provided treatments. All disciplines within MAASTRO contribute to this endeavour to optimally prepare and perform the treatments. MAASTRO is a state-of-the-art clinic with the latest imaging and radiotherapy equipment, and is opening a proton therapy facility (ZON-PTC). Furthermore, we have well-established research groups, adequate staff and procedures to guarantee treatment quality, optimise processes and learn new methods to improve and find new therapy options.
This position is embedded in the physics innovation team “High Precision and Adaptive RT”. The innovation team’s goal is to implement innovative projects and ideas in daily clinical routine. The group consists of a core team of approximately 10 members of various specialties: medical physicists, medical (software) engineers, radiation technologists, researchers and radiation oncologists as flexible team members. Projects focus on strategic goals of MAASTRO centered around advanced radiotherapy (proton therapy, ‘dose-guided adaptive RT’, brachytherapy), automation (e.g. automatic radiotherapy planning and segmentation), imaging (‘surface tracking’ and improved CT and MRI procedures).
Currently, we also have a medical engineer position vacant for this team!
We are looking for a candidate that:
- preferably has a PhD degree in Physics, (Bio)Medical Engineering, Technical Medicine or similar;
- has at least 2 years of experience in medical physics, medical engineering or in a related medical field;
- has an interest in innovative technology to be applied in clinical practice;
- is able to analyse medical problems and design innovative solutions;
- programming skills are required; experience with MATLAB is a plus;
- experience with imaging and/or radiotherapy is a plus;
- must be fluent in English, both spoken and written; for non-Dutch speakers, willing to learn Dutch;
- is an excellent project manager;
- has proven writing skills for publications, grant and external fund raising;
- must work well in a team, but should also be able to work independently on individual strategic projects for which he/she is responsible.
A fulltime contract (36 hours/week) based on the Dutch Collective Labour Agreement for Hospitals (CAO Ziekenhuizen) for a period of one year, with an outlook to (permanent) extension depending on performance;
To be discussed.
The salary is according to the salary scale FWG 60 (max. € 4.466,-/month, depending on relevant work experience), 8,33% holiday bonus and 8,33% end-of-year bonus.
Informatie Further information about this position may be obtained from dr. ir. Wouter van Elmpt, program manager innovation team, by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling +31-(0)88-4455666. Please also visit www.maastro.nl.
Organisatie MAASTRO Clinic
Overig Interested in this position? Then please send in your application before september 30st 2018 via our website www.maastro.nl.
Kijk voor deze en vele andere vacatures in zorg en welzijn op www.zorgnetlimburg.nl
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.